I Know You Want to Be Campfire Guitarist

 You want to strum open chords and make everybody happy, including yourself? You want to let loose and really feel connected with the music you play? Do you want to be praised as a great guitarist for just playing a popular song??? I think you want to be a campfire guitarist.


I recently had a revelation; you see I've been playing the guitar for roughly a year now. Learning intricate songs, learning intermediate techniques (trying to at least), and if I'm being honest, that wasn't really doing to for me. It was taking me too long to feel the joy of playing a complete song. So many chord switches, patterns, shapes that I've never seen, when all I wanted to do was play Wonderwall. I've figured out what type of guitarist I want to be... guess.

Ahh you probably already know. I'm becoming a campfire guitarist. A major factor in influencing my decision to learn the guitar was seeing people on Disney Tv shows like Bunk'd sit around the campfire, play the guitar, and everyone was enjoying themselves. I always liked the idea of writing my own songs to these simple open chords and having it really sounding good. As a beginner guitarist myself, I know how difficult it can be to find what style you want to play, especially if you are learning through watching YouTube, Instagram, TikTok and whatnot. 

DISCLAIMER: You don't have to play around the campfire to be a campfire guitarist. This is a lifestyle. We are the players who bring their guitarist everywhere and play the same song that we have perfected whenever we want to impress someone. We are not limiting ourselves however, as we get better, we may adopt these cooler and harder techniques, but for now we are perfecting the simple guitar and having fun.

Say it with me, campfire guitarists 4life!



Comments